Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Today we went to the annual Peanut Festival of Whitesboro, Texas.

It was a nice, refreshing adventure.

I actually did kareoke. Twice. For all on the streets of this small town to witness.

First in the morning I did "My Girl" and then later in the day I did an encore performance of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" ... except the second song was NOT the version I'd expected, and therefore I didn't know it. At least I did "My Girl" justice. ;oD

Then someone in our group got "arrested" and put in jail. We had to bail him out. Before I go any further, I must explain something. At this event, you could actually pay to put your friends in jail. So we had one of the people in our group put in the little jail they had set up. Then our group had to pay $2.00 to get him out.

Quite funny.

It was a beautiful day.

No comments: