Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's been a good week, I think.

I can't believe how quickly it's gone by.

It's a little chilly outside. But feels nice. It's maybe in the 60s. I'm debating whether to brave the wintry mix by walking at the nature preserve or curl up in the warm shelter of my apartment. :o) Maybe watch a movie, maybe pour over "Let the Nations Be Glad", a book by John Piper that I'm really looking forward to reading.

Which reminds me ... this quote from a little booklet I got last week really spoke to me.

“My Heart—Christ’s Home” by Robert Boyd Munger.

~I will never forget the evening I invited him into my heart … He came into the darkness of my heart and turned on the light. He built a fire in the cold hearth and banished the chill. He started music where there had been stillness and harmony where there had been discord. He filled the emptiness with his own loving fellowship. I have never regretted opening the door to Christ and I never will. ~

What a beautiful word picture. As a single woman in her late 20s who believes God has given me the desire to be married one day, just unsure of when and how He will bring it about, this really speaks to my heart. There are times when I get lonely, but I don't really have to be! Every day, every moment, my apartment can be a haven of abiding in Christ. A place where His fire warms the hearth on those chilly days. This is especially vivid to me as my fireplace has an apartment.

God is so good.

No comments: