Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Today was my birthday.

And I felt loved. :o)

In Sunday school this morning, they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me at the end of class. A girl had also brought a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, my favorite. Then she presented me with an adorable gift bag filled with guess what?

Cards!

That's right, each person in the class had written me a card and stuck it in the bag. It was fun to open and read them.

One guy gave me a mother-daughter card. The inside read, "You are a terrific daughter. And I am a proud mother." The outside? "To my little princess." Only Kelly! He's always making us laugh.

After church was lunch at LaHacienda Ranch. (To quote Dave: "You're not allowed to bail.") Where (of course) the servers all came and sang Happy Birthday to me.

It was a nice birthday. And I felt loved.

No comments: