Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This time I'm back for real - back in sunny Texas! Got back late Sunday evening. And things go well. A project came together that I was working on today and much of yesterday, so that was exciting!

Fun time zone story from the weekend ...

So there I was in Colorado on Sunday morning, and I knew we all needed to leave for church around 9:10. Well, it's maybe 8:30 or 8:40, and hardly a creature in the house seems to be stirring. Seeing one of my "roommates" dressed in her Sunday attire, I get up and get ready for church, too.

By the time we get downstairs, it's something like 9:04, and Mrs. H is in the kitchen starting french toast and bacon. Now I love breakfast, and I'm thinking, YUM. But there's one problem ... we have, like, six minutes before we have to leave!

Then I hear Mrs. H say something like, "Yeah, we're doing pretty well. It's 8:00 ..." I burst out laughing, tell her my story and how I was thinking "Mrs. H, that breakfast looks really nice but we have to leave in six minutes," and she bursts out laughing, too. :-D

[I had switched my watch to Colorado time, but not my cell phone, which had my alarm on it! ;-)]

No comments: