Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, November 28, 2005

I had such a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

It was just really relaxing and refreshing.

Thursday I ate Thanksgiving dinner with my Sunday school teacher, his family, and some others who, like me, were away from family. It was a restful time and I felt at home. :o)

Then Friday I met up for a little bit with a friend of mine from class, a single mom and her two children. I also just hung around the apartment and sang praise songs.

Saturday I met up with several others from my S.S. class to watch "Yours, Mine and Ours" and fellowship over Chinese food (them) and Chick-fila (me :o)) in the mall food court. I really enjoyed that ... good times. :oD

Yesterday? After church we all grabbed something to eat at Chipotle and had more fellowship ... chatting with my S.S. teacher and his wife about the incredible thing Jesus did for us in dying an excruciating death for us on the Cross and paying the penalty for our sin. Then I joined some others in the class who were sitting at a table outside, where we engaged in a fun and kind of thought-provoking conversation about "the whole guy/girl thing".

Today has been a good day at work. I can't believe it's already over. It's gone by so quickly ... and yet I feel that I've gotten things done. YAY! Thank you, LORD. I really am feeling like everything is kind of starting to come together for my upcoming trip back to the Coast. :o)

Until next time.

No comments: