Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I've had a nice day!

I went to lunch with a friend and co-worker, Kaitlyn. We had such a nice time of sharing some of what the Lord is teaching us.

I have been thinking lately about how with Jesus, you have everything. Even if you have nothing as far as this world goes. Or if you lost literally everything in the tsunami or in Hurricane Katrina, or live in a North Indian slum where the place you "go home" to every day is little more than a makeshift tent strewn together with garbage bags, little pieces of tin, anything else you can find.

Gretcha with her contageous smile and joy in Jesus showed me THAT. A powerful lesson I don't ever want to forget ... and something I want to put into practice in my daily life.

What a joy the Christian life is ... that this world and our circumstances and struggles are NOT all there is. That we can labor for fruit that will last for all eternity. Incredible.

And who are we, that we have this privilege? It's all God. And nothing in us.

No comments: