Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Today I had one of those moments where everything stops.

For the conference at my home church this coming week, I will be sharing several times with the "grown-ups" and children. My mom had the idea that I could have pictures of children from SEND! magazine on a posterboard, as a visual.

When I saw one of the pictures, the whole world seemed to stand still. I started to cry. It was a small picture of three little children --the youngest couldn't be more than 3 or 4 -- with round cheeks and big brown eyes. But what jumped out to me were the sweet (but in a way somber) looks on their faces and their mismatched, disproportionate clothes. I felt in a way that my heart was breaking for these precious children.

Even when I went back to the posterboard and looked at the picture again, I felt sad all over again for these little ones. Though it can be a little painful in a sense, I am so thankful for moments like these -- They show me that my heart isn't too hard yet -- that the Lord is giving me, even if in ever the tiniest measure, a piece of His heart and burden for a lost and perishing world.

Now I am about to get ready so I can attend a missions fellowship supper with my parents. But I know I won't soon forget what happened today.


No comments: