Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The last several days have been a blur of yummy food, speaking engagements, fellowship, things to prepare for the children, yummy food, listening to other missionaries share, and more yummy food.

We have had luncheons and suppers. Now, we only have one session left -- a potluck supper tomorrow night, followed by a closing ceremony I have the privilege to share at. In a way, I'm sad it will be over.

It sure has been a nice time. There has been one missionary couple in particular that I have so much enjoyed getting to know better. They are really sweet and encouraging. So of course I wanted to sit by them at lunch yesterday. I have kind of "adopted" them. :o)

Yesterday I shared at the lunch program, and I think it went very well. Of course, that was the Lord! I was thrilled when a lady came up to me with $4 she and a friend had gathered between them -- She wanted it to go for Gospel tracts and said she wished it were more. I told her it meant 1,000 people hearing the Gospel and she was happy. : )

I was thinking again yesterday how there's nothing like getting to be with God's people, sharing about the work of His kingdom. It's one of the best feelings! I pray the Lord will touch hearts during tomorrow night's session -- and that I won't be nervous as I'm not naturally a public speaker -- and that there will be much fruit for the harvest. :o)

No comments: