Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hope for the Least of These

This is a video about precious Dalit children in Asia, put together by a co-worker at the ministry ... I have seen this a number of times, but again found myself in tears ... even sobs ... as I watched it today at my desk. [To watch, go to the end of this entry and click on the arrow ... It will start playing for you.]

Oh, how my heart goes out for these precious children, so dear to the heart of the Father. I thank the Lord for, once again, lifting me above the "here and now" ... the things around me that I can so easily allow to distract me ... and opening my eyes afresh to some of the things that breaks His heart ... How humbled I feel, and yet how in need I am of Him to remind me ... of what is important, what is dear to His kind and loving heart!

These children's lives here on this earth are so hard ... yet there is incredible hope for them in Jesus .... For a while now, I've been able to sponsor some of the precious children whose plights are like those shown in this video clip and I thank the Lord for this ... at the same time I'm so challenged that I could be a lot more purposeful with my finances so that maybe I could help another precious child! What greater joy could we have to invest in during this lifetime, than in the things of eternity, the things dear to His heart? :)

If your heart is touched by this video ... I so much encourage you to pray about whether the Lord may be calling you to sponsor a precious child, too ... bringing the transforming hope of Jesus to a child and his/her family! I promise you, you won't regret it. (Even if you don't feel you can help a little one in Asia financially at this time ... you can PRAY ... this is huge!!!)

No comments: