Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Place Where We'll Never Grow Weary

I have been kind of tired lately, and felt weary at times ... Last week was really busy with writing projects, and while I honestly enjoyed a good bit of it (writing is fun!), I don't think I realized until later just how tired I was. ;-) Life in general has felt so busy for a while now ... I am finding myself in need of making sure I'm not doing "too much" ... of taking time to rest and be rejuvenated ... and realizing that I shouldn't feel "guilty" about needing my rest ... the Lord can use me sooo much more if I'm rested than if I'm not! :-) And I believe He desires that we take those times to rest and rejuvenate while here on this earth in our finite bodies ...

The pastor's message at church yesterday was on Heaven. It was so encouraging ... He was talking about how our best moments on this earth are a tiny foretaste of Heaven ... and of course, they can't even begin to compare to the exquisite joys of Heaven. :) It will be amazing ... and, too, we will have heavenly bodies and will be able to enjoy an infinite amount of fellowship with the One who created us and with other believers, without ever running out of time or energy. Think about how awesome that will be!

Romans 8:18 tells us that those weary moments, those trials, anything we experience that may try to discourage us or weary us here on this earth ... none of that is worthy of being compared with the glories of Heaven. What a wonderful promise! I remember another passage, I believe in 1 Peter, about how our trials here on this earth are only "for a little while" ... a very short while ... compared with eternity in Heaven! :)

I am feeling more energized and encouraged already ... how 'bout y'all? :o) I do think I'm going to take a walk at the nature preserve in this nice weather and listen to my GoBible. I have definitely been challenged and convicted lately of how I need to be in the Word so much more ... I love Jesus SO much and want to know Him more each day. How dearly I love Him, even if with an imperfect human love as long as I'm on this side of Heaven, and how I long each day for more of Him and less of me. I am grateful He is so patient with me ...

Here's a song that encouraged me so much just now ... hope it encourages you all, too. :) And if any of you don't know this amazing God personally ... I would LOVE to tell you how you can have a personal relationship with the One who created you and wants to redeem you. You won't regret it!

Everlasting God
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

*lyrics by Benton Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have learn some just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for
revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you place to make this
kind of fantastic informative website.

Also visit my web-site; lean body x review