Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

"Your name and renown..."

Isaiah 26:8

8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts

I was reminded of this verse recently ... I love what it says! This is what life is all about ... Growing to know more deeply the Lord who has redeemed us, and seeking to bring Him glory. [If you aren't sure what I am talking about... just ask me ... I would so much love to share more with you of how you can put your trust in the One who gave His life to redeem you ... the one whose resurrection many will joyfully celebrate this Sunday! I promise you, it is the most important decision you could ever make in this life.]

This verse is so freeing to me ... It frees me to see all of life, good and bad (from our limited human perspective) from that wonderful higher perspective ... to forsake lesser pursuits for the ultimate of knowing my dear Savior more fully and intimately, and seeking to make Him known and glorified among the nations ... precious people He shed His blood for, whether it be those on the other side of the world or my neighbors in my apartment complex.

As I live life ... whether working at the ministry, or going to church or Bible study, or watching a movie with a friend or meeting a friend for dinner ... when I see all of it from the greater perspective of knowing Jesus more and making Him known ... what a wonderful viewpoint it gives all of life! How grateful I am that there is something so much greater to live for ... infinitely ... than myself. Oh, how I yearn to be more and more God-focused ... I yearn for more of Jesus, less of me. I realize the way to this is often through pain and suffering ... and have seen this at different times in my life ... but have soooooo far to go in this area of being more Jesus-focused. May the Lord make me strong and make me more and more like Him. I love Him so much and yearn for more of Him.

As we approach this Easter weekend ... isn't it amazing to think of the love Jesus had for us? Think of what He went through ... for you ... for me. What incredible love for us as sinful human beings. Oh, that more and more people would experience this love for themselves this Easter season.

1 comment:

Ellie C said...

"How grateful I am that there is something so much greater to live for ... infinitely ... than myself."
Thank you so much for writing this! It is really encouraging. This is what I have been struggling with recently.

Ellie