Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Post #556. Yay for two posts on consecutive days - a record for me! :-) At least, in a while ... :o)

7:20 yesterday evening found me getting out of the car at Arbor Hills for a relaxing early evening walk. If I had known how gorgeous it was, I may have tried to get out there sooner!

A balmy breeze, mixed in with the scent of Tommy Girl and the beauty of God's creation around me, made for a delicious tone in the air. I felt invigorated, refreshed, so alive. As I was thinking all these wonderfully joyous thoughts, the sighting of a little squiggly line in the path ahead of me interupted these reflections. As I got closer, it was indeed confirmed: It was a snake!

Now, I had just passed a couple of people going the other way on the path. Why that little fellow had waited to enter the human realm until I approach, I know not. Probably for the same reason I have had snakes "visit" me right outside my second-story apartment door four times and not visit my next door neighbor who lives downstairs! [Snakes climb stairs quite well ... this I know. ;-D] Oh well ...

Later in my walk I saw a really cute rabbit. A much more pleasant sighting! As I walked by the lookout tower, strains of music or chants reached my ears that sounded like those I would picture coming from an eastern religion. Then I saw where the sound was coming from - a young person dressed in bright yellow, with their head shaved like a Buddhist monk. A startling sight ... a gripping reminder. Yet as I think about it now, also a reminder of the wonderful privilige God has given me so reach such people ...

This is why I was created ... why I am here ... to know Jesus and carry the news of His redemptive love to a world that desperately needs a Savior. Beyond belief ... and how grateful I am.

No comments: