Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Place of Thanksgiving

I know I haven't written in a while. I guess life has been busy and kind of taken on a life of its own! (Don't tell my co-workers in the writing department that I just used a word twice in the same sentence. :-))

I had a while where I had some discouragement ... I think maybe that's been one way I've especially been hit by the Enemy in the spiritual battle at different times this year ... but friends have been praying for me and I truly experienced a wonderful breakthrough after praying with a friend last week. I am so grateful ... it's great to feel refreshed and encouraged. :)

But I am learning a lot, I think, about hoping in the Lord. At least, I hope I am! :) I am definitely still a work in progress .... as we all are .... but one verse I was reading last night really jumped out at me. I want to remember it in both the highs and the lows of life (there's definitely been a bit of both this year, in varying measures and at different times!).

"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” --Romans 5:5

I LOVE that. It just has such a ring of ... well, hope ... to it! :) I am so glad the Lord put verses like that in the Bible for us. It's a wonderful truth. He is the God of hope, and each moment we can always find hope in Him. What a delightful thing!

On another note, I had a very nice Thanksgiving... Got to be with my whole family, which was so nice, and even got to do some hiking with my niece and nephews and enjoy not only a nice traditional Thanksgiving meal, but also some yummy mesquite chicken pizza at a fun new (to me) place. :) I also had fun playing UNO Attack with my niece and my mom ... It's so funny how you never know how many cards are going to come out of that contraption! :-D

1 comment:

banderclip said...

Yay for an update! :) I'm so glad you are doing well. You're a blessing to know.