Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, February 01, 2010

How He Spoke to My Heart

It's amazing how the Lord works ... So, last Thursday and Friday I was out of the office with maybe really bad sinues mixed with a mild cold? Anyhow, I struggled at different times with discouragement over that time and over the weekend ... I think the Enemy knows we're often most vulnerable when we're physically under the weather and/or tired... and I guess I was both. ;-) [or should that be ;-(]

But just to show you how amazing and patient and merciful God is ... I had been experiencing a desperate lack of spending time in His Word, alone with Him ... So either Friday or Saturday night (I think Sat.?) I was reading .... some more .... in a Christian fiction book ..... yes, instead of reading in the Word, which I was really desperately needing!

But in the book, one of the main characters "discovered" a really encouraging passage of Scripture ... and the Lord used that to speak to me and encourage me so much ... I even ended up writing part of it on my bathroom mirror .... Quite a while back, I had adopted a friend's idea of writing Scriptures on the bathroom mirror with those dry-erase markers ... :) Anyhow, before I head home for some much-needed time with Jesus [(smile, blush ... yes, please hold me accountable ... I need it! :))] .... here is the amazing passage He led me to this weekend ...

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come ..." --Song of Songs 2:11,12a


It really feels like something the Lord is speaking to my heart ... I get such a picture of His love and His care over me in these wonderful words... :) Reminds me a little of Zephaniah 3:17, where it talks about Him singing over us. Isn't that amazing?!

No comments: