Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Great Bible Study ... and Volleyball, Too! :O)

After my Experiencing God Bible study at church this evening, I played volleyball with a bunch of friends in the gym. There were also people playing basketball in the next room over! I love volleyball and could probably play it every day. :-) I hadn't gotten to play in a while, so it was so much fun to get out there and play a bit. And people were so nice and encouraging ... they would cheer for me whenever I hit the ball over! Yay for good times with friends ... and volleyball! :o)

Oh yeah ... the Bible study earlier tonight was good. Challenging and good. I feel like one area the Lord has really been challenging me in lately is the whole overall area of surrender ... one of the lessons in the study talks about having no will of one's own in regard to a given (insert anything that comes to mind) matter ... I have so far to go in this area but am amazed and grateful for God's patience with me. BTW, I would highly recommend Experiencing God for any believer in Jesus ... and even if you don't know Jesus yet, read the first lesson and I hope you soon will ... awesome salvation message on the first pages, and you won't regret knowing Him!

1 comment:

banderclip said...

hey Rachel!! i like your new look and all the fun stuff on the side. :D so fun! glad you got to play volleyball. I've been wanting to ice skate recently...but I have to wait till the little baby comes and I recover from that before it's a safe sport. I guess that means more walking for me! haha