Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I know it's been a while. The last few days have been kind of hard for me. I feel discouraged ... not fun. I feel like the enemy has really been attacking. (Ephesians 6:12) I don't want to feel this way ... I want to focus on the wonderful promises in God's Word and glean encouragement that overcomes these dark times.

Lord God, I pray that I would feel Your arms around me during this time ... that soon You would bring me through this. By faith I thank You for not shrinking back from making me a little more like You through life's circumstances, even when they are painful. Help me feel Your love for me on a heart level. And go before me and give me Your words as I teach Kids Korner tonight, I pray. I love You, Lord.

On a bright note, I went to lunch today with my friend Christine. We had a good time of fellowship together. And, bright note #2, I enjoyed skating with friends over the weekend and going out afterwards with one for late-night icecream bars! (we tried two grocery stores and one Walgreens before settling on our fine delicacy :o))

No comments: