Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, April 22, 2005

God is SO GOOD.

If I were picking themes for this past week, that would definitely be one of them. I can't get over the way He has prepared my heart at just the right time for various circumstances ... Kind of a continuation of how He's been teaching me to gladly accept what is or isn't on my plate as from Him and something I can be fully content in and trust Him in.

That peace and presence of mind that He gives is indescribable. It's a wonderful place to be. And yet how often lately a piece of me, at least, has been proud of myself, as though I had achieved something! How silly we can be! :oD I mean, every breath comes from Him. I wouldn't even be here, let alone serving Him in any capacity, if it weren't for Him.

In my flesh dwells no good thing. He deserves ALL the glory. I was just thanking Him last night for the incredible privilege to serve Him here in this way -- I do not deserve it, yet He has seen fit to lavish it on me.

My heart feels so full right now. I am excited about what the Lord is doing and will continue to do in my life. How wonderful that He doesn't give up on me but is ever faithful to orchestrate events in my life in such as way that they drive me to His feet. He is an awesome God who thinks nothing but good thoughts toward His children, and truly, my times are in HIS hands. How comforting this is! :o)

No comments: