Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

This Great Fall Season

So I haven't updated for a bit ... as I sit here listening to the David Crowder band and enjoying a nice Thursday evening, I thought it would be fun to write a bit in my blog. :)

Some highlights of the last few weeks since I've posted ...

* Continuing to enjoying the wonderful teaching and fellowship God has provided for me both at church and at the ministry where I work!

* Good times of laughter with friends

* Trying out fun new recipes in my crockpot. (I love cooking with my crockpot! I love that you can put something in there, turn it on low, come back hours later and have your meal ready. :)) It's probably one of my favorite methods of cooking.)

* A wonderful time of fellowship with a girl from my Sunday school class. I was so blessed by things the Lord had been doing in her life and showing her!

* Going to a scary movie night where, thankfully, the movie itself wasn't too scary and it was fun being with friends!

* Great weather, and long walks at the nature preserve, sometimes with friends, sometimes with my audio Bible ... a gift from a conference that I've enjoyed so much!

* Fun at Sonic last weekend with my Bible study group. (I even went home with a cool and educational toy from the kids meal! ;-D You can't beat that!)

* Being so refreshed, challenged and encouraged by my Philippians Bible study last night.

* Playing volleyball with friends in the church gym on Wednesday nights! :)

* Marveling at God's goodness and patience toward me. I love Him so much and am so grateful to know Him!

And now? I am getting excited about tomorrow ... It's Friday, and I'm looking forward to lunch with a good friend, and then we all get off a little early since it's prayer night. And I'm thinking about making oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chunk cookies to bring! It may depend on how much energy I have tomorrow after I get off work ... :)

No comments: