Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jesus' Amazing Love

So much has been going on, it feels hard to konw where to start! Even though I am tired, I am full of gratitude to the Lord ... and marveling at His tender mercies that are new every morning.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take half a day off from work. I had something I needed to be at for the church, anyhow, and things had been busy and I thought the rest might be nice. It was an amazing time ... I couldn't have asked for better weather for my time off, and I got in some great Scripture and Piper reading outside by a creek ... and a nice, long walk!

I was so refreshed and encouraged in the Lord through that time. It was well worth it! Then I had some friends come visit me over last weekend ... We had such a nice visit together, I don't think their visit could have been timed more perfectly. It was just when I needed it most!

This past Sunday I was baptized ... I don't know if I could describe in words how the Lord ministered to me through that time. It was an amazing experience ... I felt so grateful and even more in love with the wonderful Savior I have known for so long now.

Last night in prayer meeting as we were all singing worship songs, a phrase from "How Deep the Father's Love" really stood out to me ...

"Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders ..."

Wow ... He did that for me! He went through excruciating pain for me ... and for YOU. He loves us that much. How indescribable and unfathomable is His love!

No comments: