Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lasagna, Chick Flicks and Incredible Weather . . .

How are you all doing? :) The weather this weekend has been ... incredible. After not feeling well Monday through Wednesday-ish (either sinuses or one of those colds that has been going around everywhere?) it was nice to be feeling back to my usual self this weekend. :-) (I'm sure you know the feeling!) And thus ... able to enjoy the amazing weather! I got out in it for a while yesterday, at the nature preserve. It is so refreshing to be out in God's creation ... there's hardly anything like it!

Friday night I had the opportunity to fellowship and worship Jesus with friends ... and enjoy some delicious lasagna! :) There was worship music playing and then we had a time of prayer ... it was so very nice to have that time to be still before the Lord and listen to the amazing words in the song. I love Him so much ... and it's amazing that He loves us like He does, and that He would provide the means for our redemption at such great cost. What grace!

Last night was fun ... meeting up again with two dear friends to just go hang out and watch a chick flick! It was a cute movie, and good times for sure! :)

It was fun catching up with friends from church over lunch today. I was thinking just now ... how very grateful I am for all the people in my life! I am truly blessed ... I love you all! :)

[Side note ... and ... any of you who know me well at all will appreciate ... :) ... the other night, I took one road thinking it would end up in a certain place ... to find it ended up in a completely different spot! ;-) This has happened to me so many times ... not with the same road of course. Still, though ... :-) GPS, anyone? I always joke that if my friends all pitched in and got me a GPS system, it would be a good investment for THEM. :)) Yet ... if I had a GPS system, we couldn't enjoy the scenic parts of the DFW area ... and where would be the adventure in that? :o)]

No comments: