Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Sunny Fall Weather, Groceries and Prayers

This weather has been ... absolutely gorgeous ... no other words to describe it! Makes me want to own a laptop computer and just work outside all day long. :) Yesterday I was out walking in it after work. And it's Friday, and that means a weekend to enjoy some of this indescribable weather. :o)

I had so much fun running to the grocery store during my lunch break and grabbing ingredients for the new recipes (soups) I want to try this weekend. I love cooking ... there's just something about it! :) And while I'm cooking, I plan to have the windows open in my apartment to let in some of the great breeze outside!

There continues to be persecution in Orissa, and in fact it has now spread to Karnataka state. Yet the believers in these places have such a pure, sincere love for Jesus that is carrying them through. It's really incredible to me. They still need our prayers though ... Please do pray for them, especially for comfort for those that have lost loved ones for the sake of Christ.

No comments: