Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Memorable August 14

I had a birthday recently, and it made me incredibly grateful ... again and again ... for the great people God has surrounded me with! From people decorating my cubicle at work to making marble slab cheesecake (yum!!!) for me for our department celebration, to a yummy team lunch at Schlotsky's to calling me or posting a Facebook note to wish me a happy birthday ... to cooking delicious Indian food for me and another friend whose birthday is close to mine ... not to mention the amazing party some dear friends threw for me Friday evening. I was truly touched and honored that they would want to throw me a party ... and by all the hard work that went into it! They were so creative ... one of them made a cake in the shape of a pair of flip-flop sandals. I loved it. :o)

And the girls had decided it would be a dress-up party ... which is why I was very surprised and a bit flustered when I walked in the door dressed rather casually ... But they came to the rescue with a dress one of them had "borrowed" from me earlier that week ... it was waiting for me for the party! :) She also gave me a beautiful pearl necklace as a present and to wear for the evening!

From start to finish, I had a wonderful birthday ... I think perhaps my most memorable yet! I can't begin to describe how grateful I am for the amazing people the Lord has blessed me with in my life and the warmth and care they have shown. Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special .... y'all know who you are! :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!
I finally got around to writing a real entry on this blog!

Nicole said...

Gosh, Rach! I am such a horrible friend! I totally forgot your birthday was this month! So, happy 30th! I love you and miss you. I'm so sorry I forgot! love ya! -nic

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday! I wish I could have been at your party.