Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's been two weeks since I've posted! Yikes! What a goober I am. :-D Hope all of you are doing well ... and that I haven't lost my wonderful, devoted audience? :)

So I had a few pretty funny things happen to me all within this last week ... definitely served me well for some comic relief ... so I thought I would share them with you my Blogger buddies in the hopes that perhaps they would brighten your day, too, with a good laugh or two. :-) [For those of you who are also Facebook users, this is also on my Facebook!]

#1
You may have seen my "Baskin Robbins" blooper hinted at in my status update ... well, here's the full story for your enjoyment! : )

I had a coupon for "buy one, get one free" for a 4 ounce cone at Baskin Robbins . . . and saw that it expired that day (this past Sunday). After already trying to draft a friend who especially loves ice cream (she wished that she could!) I thought I would go down there myself and grab, for a great price, two small cones. After all, who would want such a great coupon to go to waste? :=)

I figured I could transport the cones over the short trip home by putting them in a cup. So here I was, driving with this wide (but not too tall unfortunately!) cup in my lap, only to have ice cream land all over my lap when I made a turn! :=D (I think my ice cream would have remained more intact if I had the ice cream part facing down in the cup actually ... oh well, hindsight is always better than foresight, and I sure enjoyed some good laughs about the whole thing!

#2
My friend Sally gave me a jacket she thought I might be able to use. Since her cubicle is right next to mine in the office, I was holding the jacket up a few feet from me, asking her what she thought would go with it.

Well, in the meantime, a co-worker, Brad, was making a delivery from downstairs. The way our cubicles are set up, he couldn't see Sally! So he grinned really big and was like, "Oh! I couldn't see Sally. It looked like you were talking to a jacket back there." (When he sais that, I think I laughed so hard I nearly couldn't breathe. :o) Sally was laughing, too!)

#3
Last night I noticed I was a bit low on gasoline in my car and had better go get some. Since I was near a Valero gas station, I went ahead and went there. I wanted to pay cash for a couple of gallons, and knew I needed to pre-pay inside. Well, it looked like the part of the store closest to me was closed. So I went next door. When I told the guy what I wanted to do, he looked at me with a really puzzled look ... and I could tell there was a bit of a language barrier. Then as I continued to try to explain it finally dawned on him: "OH! You must mean next door."
I looked around the store for the first time and realized I was surrounded by these huge bottles of every kind of liquor you could probably imagine ... so I kind of giggled and said, "Oh! OH!" and darted out the door. I think my face probably looked pretty flushed at that point!

3 comments:

banderclip said...

hehe! those are so funny rachel! it's nice to read a new post. :) thanks for your comment on my blog. did you put up pictures of your ice cream adventure on your facebook? :)

PacaScrat said...

Thanks for the funny stories :D They were great!

Nicole said...

hehe you are too funny! Miss you. How's your dad? Hope all is well.